sábado, 8 de mayo de 2010

Embedding Tweets


I was just reading Sue Waters' recent post on how to embed a tweet from Twitter using Blackbird Pie and ran back over here to try it out. Pretty cool!

But then I was having a heck of a time putting two Blackbird Pie embedded tweets in this blog post. One worked perfectly fine the first time I tried it, but pasting the second tweet's HTML created a mess. They would show up but with a dark blue background throughout and then with both of them having the Pedro Suarez background, and then dark blue again! So I searched for other options and found TweetPaste. (That is the tweet from Gael Garcia Bernal above, RE Arizona immigration politics.) It worked very easily and caused no problems with the Pedro Suarez tweet (embedded using Blackbird Pie below).

As far as application in the Spanish/MFL classroom, I see myself using this tool in my class blog. I love the #seispalabras tweets but never really new what to do with them before. I think that I will start to incorporate them into posts where I can. They are often poetic and witty and with only six words, very accessible to beginner and intermediate level Spanish students.
I also like to show my students tweets of popular Spanish artists that they are familiar with. So far I've found Mexican singer Julieta Venegas, Peruvian singer and environmental activist Pedro Suarez Vertiz, and Mexican actor Gael Garcia Bernal to be frequent twitterers with comprehensible (for Spanish students) tweets. Does anyone know of any other good Spanish-speaking celebrities/authors/leaders that are worth following?

This is Pedro Suarez' tweet of encouragement to Ricky Martin when he made his sexual orientation public.

...ayer fue una moda y hoy es un HOMBRE ante todo, hoy fue el mejor momento…less than a minute ago via web


The Blackbird Pie site states:
TO DO: shorter code; real timestamp.
When they do that, then the tool will really be cool. As of now, it looks kind of stupid posting the Suarez tweet with a "less than a minute ago" time stamp.

3 comentarios:

  1. Sorry you had trouble embedding the second tweet. I've just check with our blogs and it is fine with adding an extra tweet. So it must be the differences in how the different platforms are handling the code.

    But good to hear that TweetPaste worked well.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. We've just seek advice from the sites which is fine together with including a supplementary tweet. So it has to be the particular variations in how the various platforms are generally managing your rule.

    Cheap Blade & Soul Gold
    Gold Kaufen für World of Warcraft
    runescape gold

    ResponderEliminar